TORONTO (June 19, 2015) – TSN and the Canadian Football League announced today the debut of THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL, the new summer destination for CFL fans. Airing throughout the summer from the season’s opening game until Labour Day weekend, THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL has a different vibe from other CFL ON TSN broadcasts – including new segments, new faces, and music from local bands.
THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL kicks off with the CFL’s opening game: Ottawa vs. Montreal on Thursday, June 25 at 7 p.m. ET on TSN (see below or visit TSN.ca for a complete broadcast schedule).
Among the highlights from the all-new THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL:
- A unique broadcast package, including new animations, branding, and other on-screen elements that combine to give THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL a distinct look-and-feel from other CFL ON TSN broadcasts
- Music from local bands featured in THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL pre-game and in-game broadcasts
- An emphasis on the fan experience and energy surrounding the game, both inside and outside the stadium
- Kate McKenna hosting “Now You Know”, a segment featuring special reports and features on hot topics from around the league
- Cabral “Cabbie” Richards presenting a weekly pre-game feature that helps fans get to know the most interesting players in the league
- The THURSDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL social media hub, designed to share content from fans on both TSN and CFL social platforms
The newest destination for CFL fans is complemented by a new promotional campaign, created in-house by the award-winning Bell Media Agency, debuting today on TSN.
TSN is the official television broadcaster of the CFL with live coverage of every single game, including the playoffs and the 103rd GREY CUP presented by Shaw in Winnipeg on November 29. Bell Media’s TSN and RDS recently announced an extension of their long-term multi-platform partnership with the CFL through to 2021.