TORONTO (June 19, 2015) – The FIFA WOMEN’S WORLD CUP CANADA 2015™ continues to break audience records on CTV, TSN, and RDS with overall consumption of the tournament at an all-time high.
Live coverage of the tournament continues on CTV, TSN, and RDS with the Round of 16, highlighted by Canada vs. Switzerland this Sunday, June 21 at 7 p.m. ET on CTV, TSN, and RDS.
Canada Audience Stats
- The Canadian national women’s team’s three group stage matches averaged 2 million viewers, with their second game against New Zealand breaking the record for most-watched FIFA Women’s World Cup™ match ever with an average audience of 2.3 million viewers
- The average audience for Canada’s first three games on CTV/TSN/RDS is more than four times the audience for their opening three games in 2011 (459,000)
- Overall, 11.6 million unique Canadian viewers have tuned in to Canada’s three games at the tournament, which saw them finish as the top team in Group A and advance to the knockout stage
FIFA WOMEN’S WORLD CUP CANADA 2015™ Group Stage Audience Stats
- 15.8 million unique Canadian viewers – or nearly half of the country’s population – have watched the FIFA WOMEN’S WORLD CUP CANADA 2015™ group stage
- Collectively, Canadians have consumed 31.2 million hours (nearly 1.9 billion minutes) of FIFA WOMEN’S WORLD CUP CANADA 2015™ coverage on CTV, TSN, and RDS
- Total viewing through the group stage of the FIFA WOMEN’S WORLD CUP CANADA 2015™ is more than three-and-a-half times that of the 2011 tournament
- 7.6 million unique Canadian female viewers have tuned in to CTV, TSN, and RDS to watch live action from the tournament’s group stage
- Four out of 10 of all Canadian girls aged 2-17 have watched the FIFA WOMEN’S WORLD CUP CANADA 2015™
- The USA vs. Sweden game became the most-watched non-Canadian group stage game ever with 611,000 viewers on CTV and RDS, breaking the record set by USA’s opening game vs. Australia
(Featured Image via Bell Media)