TORONTO (June 4, 2015) – As the curtain closes on one of its most successful seasons ever, CTV unveiled today a new primetime schedule that reinforces North America’s most stable television schedule with some of next season’s most anticipated new series. Building upon a youthful foundation of Canada’s most-watched returning programming, CTV’s 2015/16 schedule will be presented by Phil King, President – CTV, Sports, and Entertainment Programming, at the #CTVUpfront celebration of conventional television today in Toronto.
Among the highlights from CTV’s 2015 fall primetime schedule:
- 11 returning Top 20 hits – more than all other Canadian networks combined.
- Returning are Canada’s #1 series and #1 comedy, THE BIG BANG THEORY; Canada’s #1 drama MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.; #1 new series, THE FLASH; and #1 Canadian series MASTERCHEF CANADA.
- Four new dramas debut this fall, with three new dramas on deck for midseason.
- 17 hours of simulcast, more than any other Canadian network.
- Fewer timeslot changes than any other Canadian network.
- Top 15 lead-ins for nearly every new series.
Remarked King: “We’ve made a concerted effort to evolve our schedule while maintaining its incredible strength. We are presenting a new schedule full of Top 20 hits, but where 12 of our 18 core primetime series are just three years old or younger. This speaks not only to our strength and stability, but also our future potential for growth.”
Fall on CTV
Fall brings four diverse new dramas to CTV:
Mondays at 9 p.m.
- Edge-of-your-seat mystery thriller BLINDSPOT, from hit-maker Greg Berlanti.
Wednesdays at 10 p.m.
- High-octane hospital drama CODE BLACK, starring Oscar® winner Marcia Gay Harden.
Sundays at 9 p.m.
- Don Johnson-led strike-it-rich family drama BLOOD & OIL.
Sundays at 10 p.m.
- Conspiracy drama QUANTICO, led by breakout Bollywood mega-star Priyanka Chopra
In midseason, CTV adds some of the most anticipated new series of the year:
- From executive producer Greg Berlanti, ARROW and THE FLASH spin-off DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW makes its debut, reinforcing the success of CTV’s powerhouse superhero slate.
- All eyes are on the latest fierce, female-led drama THE CATCH, helmed by TV phenom showrunner Shonda Rhimes.
- And viewers get a good taste of being bad, with the devilish police procedural LUCIFER, from executive producer Jerry Bruckheimer.
Additionally, Canada’s most successful original production slate for network television also gets pride of place in the CTV primetime schedule. Canada’s #1 original fall drama SAVING HOPE returns this fall in its prime Thursdays at 9 p.m. timeslot, while W5 returns for its 50th season Saturdays at 7 p.m. Additionally, Canadian original hits MASTERCHEF CANADA and multiple CSA-nominee MOTIVE make their midseason return in 2016 with new episodes on CTV.
With 14% growth last season, CTV’s daytime schedule continues to win audiences with Canadian TV’s strongest daytime lineup, including LIVE! WITH KELLY AND MICHAEL, THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW, THE VIEW, THE SOCIAL, THE DR. OZ SHOW, DR. PHIL, THE ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW, and HOT IN CLEVELAND.
With CTV late night audiences up 15%, CTV and CTV’s premium late night lineup is at the center of renaissance that includes some of the most talked about comedic stars of the moment. Hit late night shows include THE DAILY SHOW WITH TREVOR NOAH, THE LATE LATE SHOW WITH JAMES CORDEN, THE TONIGHT SHOW STARRING JIMMY FALLON, LATE NIGHT WITH SETH MEYERS, and CONAN.
With live television making up nearly 80% of all video consumption in Canada, CTV delivers more live events than anywhere else. Television’s biggest event programming in 2015/16, includes Canada’s most-watched television broadcasts THE 88th ACADEMY AWARDS®, SUPER BOWL 50, THE 73nd ANNUAL GOLDEN GLOBE® AWARDS, THE 67th PRIMETIME EMMY® AWARDS, THE 2015 AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS, THE 2016 JUNO AWARDS, THE 2016 BILLBOARD MUSIC AWARDS, and more.
Fall on CTV Two
With 13.5 hours of simulcast programming itself, CTV Two also scores two fantastic new additions for the fall:
Tuesdays at 10 p.m.
- Airing live, anything can happen in the star-packed new variety series BEST TIME EVER WITH NEIL PATRICK HARRIS.
Thursdays at 9 p.m.
- Critically acclaimed mystery-adventure drama SLEEPY HOLLOW brings its thrills and chills to CTV Two for Season 3.
CTV’s 2015/16 Night-by-Night Schedule:
- MONDAYS kick off a blockbuster three-day slate of superheroes, beginning with Batman backstory series GOTHAM. The sophomore season of last season’s #2 new series (A18-34 and A25-54) is followed by the adrenaline-fueled premiere of BLINDSPOT, and returning Top 20 hit CASTLE.
- TUESDAYS are action-packed as last season’s #1 new series THE FLASH, along with super-hit MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D., lead into sophomore hit series CSI: CYBER.
- WEDNESDAYS balances action with drama, as Season 4 of ARROW completes the week’s superhero slate, opening the door to Wednesday’s primetime vet CRIMINAL MINDS and the heart-pumping new medical drama CODE BLACK.
- The stability of CTV THURSDAYS is undeniable, with a returning proven hit lineup comprised of venerable performer GREY’S ANATOMY followed by Canada’s most-watched series THE BIG BANG THEORY in a comedy block pairing with throwback laugher THE GOLDBERGS. Canada’s #1 original fall drama SAVING HOPE returns on Thursdays for Season 4 leading into last season’s Top 10 hit series HOW TO GET AWAY WITH MURDER.
- FRIDAYS get a dose of competition television with THE AMAZING RACE, followed by the pairing of fan-favourites GRIMM and BLUE BLOODS.
- Top 15 fairy-tale drama ONCE UPON A TIME kicks off SUNDAYS, leading into the explosive new family drama BLOOD & OIL and new big-buzz political thriller QUANTICO.