TORONTO (November 28, 2014) – The definitive stories behind some of the world’s most influential music legends have found a home on “Project Latte,” it was announced today. From the Beatles and the Band to Jay-Z and U2, Bell Media’s upcoming subscription on-demand video streaming service, launching next month, will feature a collection of premium TV programming expressly dedicated to music and its icons, curated with insight from Bell Media’s in-house music experts. Representing a wide variety of genres from Heavy Metal to Pop, “Project Latte’s” Music collection will include feature-length documentaries like THE ROLLING STONES: CROSSFIRE HURRICANE as well as entire television series, such as the critically acclaimed HBO series FOO FIGHTERS: SONIC HIGHWAYS from BBC Worldwide.
The collection of programming will give music lovers an exclusive and extensive look at some of the most influential artists of all time, who helped shape contemporary music. At launch, “Project Latte’s” Music collection will include more than 50 titles at launch.
“From heavy metal rock gods and generation-defining stadium legends, to pop icons and cult heroes – the world of music is a fascinating subject to explore on television,” said Mike Cosentino, Senior Vice-President, Programming, Bell Media. “Once again, we’re defining Project Latte by delivering programming not found anywhere else, including this exclusive collection of can’t-miss music specials and documentaries.”
“Project Latte’s” Music Collection
• Exclusive to “Project Latte” are full, feature-length documentaries examining the lives and careers of artists and groups such as Ozzy Osbourne, Paul McCartney, The Beatles, Bruce Springsteen, Freddie Mercury, Pink Floyd, Peter Gabriel, Marvin Gaye, and more.
• THE ROLLING STONES: CROSSFIRE HURRICANE, the 150-minute feature released in 2012 on the occasion of the Stones’ 50th anniversary documenting the early years of the legendary band, is also exclusive to “Project Latte.”
• Available exclusively on “Project Latte” later in 2015, the acclaimed eight-part HBO documentary series FOO FIGHTERS: SONIC HIGHWAYS from BBC Worldwide follows the band as they explore the roots of American music and record their eighth album.
• The 11-episode, Gemini Award-nominated documentary series METAL EVOLUTION from Banger Films (Super Duper Alice Cooper) comes exclusively to “Project Latte,” and traces the roots of heavy metal and its subgenres.
• DOWN THE TRACKS is an exclusive series chronicling the musical leanings and influences of iconic artists such as Led Zeppelin and Bob Dylan.
• INXS: NEVER TEAR US APART is a four-hour exclusive scripted mini-series chronicling how six suburban boys in a band from Australia conquered the world with a unique sound and a work ethic that became legendary. In an exclusive collaboration with the band and those who knew them best, the Shine Australia-produced drama tells for the first time the extraordinary and uncensored story of INXS, who, with over 30 million records sold worldwide are one of Australia’s most successful rock bands ever. Featuring a stellar cast and unprecedented access to an archive of music, it’s the ultimate rock-‘n’-roll story of mateship, conflict, success, and excess.
• CLASSIC ALBUMS is an exclusive documentary series from Eagle Rock Entertainment that features a behind-the-scenes look at the best and most influential pop, rock, and heavy metal albums with in-depth interviews with those involved in the making of the album and commentary from artists who have been heavily influenced by these records.
• Albums explored include Black Sabbath’s “Paranoid”, Bob Marley’s “Catch A Fire”, “Who’s Next” by The Who, Elton John’s “Goodbye Yellow Brick Road”, Fleetwood Mac’s “Rumours”, Nirvana’s “Nevermind”, U2’s “The Joshua Tree,” Rush’s “2112/Moving Pictures”, and more.
BEHIND THE MUSIC
• Exclusively on “Project Latte,” VH1’s Emmy award-nominated documentary series BEHIND THE MUSIC focuses on some of the world’s most influential artists.
• The series chronicles the successes and hardships faced by musical artists such as John Lennon, Genesis, Heart, and Judas Priest, and includes interviews with the subject themselves, family members, friends, colleagues, and fellow musicians.