TORONTO, November 27, 2014 – Global’s lineup of returning hits and explosive new series continues to solidify the network as a primetime destination for audiences. Global has seen impressive primetime growth in Canada amongst total viewers, with a four percent increase versus the same time last year. Propelled by newcomers Stalker and Madam Secretary and returning favourites Bones, Hawaii Five-0 and Survivor, Global is seeing solid growth across primetime, with audiences up Wednesday through Sunday versus last year.
The highlights don’t stop there. Global’s primetime series are delivering massive audiences for the network. In addition to owning six of the top 20 series, a number of primetime series have increased audiences in their timeslots over last year, including Bones, Madam Secretary and Stalker.
The most watched show in the world, NCIS welcomed another spinoff to its franchise, and Canadians are hooked. NCIS: New Orleans joins the original in the top ten nationally, and maintains nearly all of the audience from NCIS. In addition, NCIS: New Orleans is locked in a virtual tie with Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
Other programming highlights include:
• After 29 seasons, Survivor continues to be the #1 Reality program in Canada this fall
• Fan favourite Bones continues to deliver impressive audiences, increasing its new Thursday at 8 pm timeslot by 65%
• Chicago Fire has increased its audience by 26% versus last year
• Newcomers Stalker and Madam Secretary have improved their timeslots by 67% and 58% respectively
• The network has seen increased audiences Wednesday through Sunday:
Global’s strength extends to the online world where it outpaces the competition. Globaltv.com and the Global Go App reach over 1.5 million visitors each month – nine percent higher than ctv.ca and more than three times citytv.com and their respective apps. In addition, Canadians can’t get enough of Global’s digital entertainment platforms, with visitors spending on average 66 minutes per month on globaltv.com and Global Go – 14 percent higher than CTV and 75 percent higher than City TV’s entertainment apps and websites.
Additional online highlights:
• The Global Go app ranks number one vs. CTV Go and City TV Video app for reach and time spent:**
• The Global Go app averages 210,000 unique visitors each month (14% higher than CTV Go and more than double CityTV Video)
• Visitors spend 129 minutes on the Global Go app each month – more than two times longer than CTV Go and 1.4 times longer than the CITY TV Video app