TORONTO (November 25, 2014) – TSN, the home of football in Canada, once again brings Canadians the country’s biggest party: the 102nd GREY CUP. This year’s CFL championship features the Hamilton Tiger-Cats battling the Calgary Stampeders at BC Place onSunday, Nov. 30 at 6 p.m. ET live on TSN, TSN GO, and TSN Radio’s Grey Cup Radio Network of 20 stations across the country. TSN’s live coverage begins this Sunday at 1 p.m. ET with the network’s five-hour pre-game show, GREY CUP SUNDAY.
TSN’s coverage of the 102nd GREY CUP will also air live on ESPN2 in the United States and be available to Canadian Forces members deployed overseas via the Canadian Forces Radio & Television.
French-language coverage of the 102nd GREY CUP airs live on RDS beginning at 5 p.m. ET.
A complete rundown of how to tune in to TSN’s multi-platform coverage the 102nd GREY CUP is available on TSN.ca.
TSN’s roster of best-in-class broadcasters is on-site at BC Place in Vancouver for the 102nd GREY CUP:
- Hosts: James Duthie, Brian Williams, and Rod Smith
- Panel: Matt Dunigan, Chris Schultz, Jock Climie, Milt Stegall, and Paul LaPolice
- Commentators: Chris Cuthbert and Glen Suitor are in the broadcast booth at BC Place. Cuthbert, who is calling his 16thGrey Cup, will be inducted into Canadian Football Hall of Fame’s Media Wing on the morning of Grey Cup Sunday. Suitor – a Grey Cup champion with the Saskatchewan Roughriders – makes his seventh appearance in the booth for the big game.
- Reporters: Sara Orlesky and Farhan Lalji
- Grey Cup Saturday and Grey Cup Sunday Pre-Game Show Hosts: Darren Dutchyshen and Kate Beirness
- TSN The Reporters: Dave Naylor, Bruce Arthur, Steve Simmons, and Gary Lawless
Below is an overview of 102nd GREY CUP programming on TSN platforms:
Saturday, Nov. 29 –GREY CUP SATURDAY
GREY CUP SATURDAY – 12 noon ET live on TSN and TSN GO
TSN’s six-hour GREY CUP SATURDAY coverage is hosted by SPORTSCENTRE’s Darren Dutchyshen and Kate Beirness, who are broadcasting live from the Vancouver Convention Centre. Throughout the day, the CFL ON TSN panel checks in from BC Place with Grey Cup updates, news, and analysis. Additional highlights include:
- TOP 50 CFL PLAYS OF 2014 at 12:30 p.m. ET on TSN1, counting down the 50 best plays of this season
- GIBSON’S FINEST CFL PLAYER AWARDS at 2:30 p.m. ET on TSN1, honouring the CFL’s top players from the 2014 season
Later that night, an encore presentation of the 101st GREY CUP airs at 8 p.m. ET on TSN2, a game that saw the Saskatchewan Roughriders take home the championship in front of their hometown crowd.
Sunday, Nov. 30 – GREY CUP SUNDAY
GREY CUP SUNDAY PRE-GAME SHOW – 1 p.m. ET live on TSN and TSN GO
TSN’s five-hour pre-game coverage begins at 1 p.m. ET with SPORTSCENTRE’s Darren Dutchyshen and Kate Beirness broadcasting live from BC Place. The pre-game show also features 102nd GREY CUP hosts James Duthie, Rod Smith, and Brian Williams, alongside the CFL ON TSN panel of Chris Schultz, Matt Dunigan, Jock Climie, Milt Stegall, and Paul LaPolice, all broadcasting live from BC Place.
During the GREY CUP SUNDAY PRE-GAME SHOW, TSN debuts the following features:
- Calgary: Earlier this year just a few hours before a game against the RedBlacks, Stampeders wide receiver Joe West was informed by his teammate Nik Lewis that West’s brother had been murdered. Since then, the team has rallied around West, bringing West and Lewis closer together in the wake of this tragic event.
- Hamilton: In his second consecutive Grey Cup appearance, Ti-Cats wide receiver Luke Tasker has a chance to bring home a championship – a scenario his father knows all too well. Steve Tasker, a Buffalo Bills Hall of Famer, went 0-4 in consecutive Super Bowl appearances with the Bills and now looks to his son to finally bring home a championship.
- 1964 Grey Cup: A look back to 50 years ago when the BC Lions won their first ever Grey Cup – a game that established a bitter feud between then Lions quarterback Joe Kapp and then Ti-Cats defensive lineman Angelo Mosca over a controversial hit, leading them to fight on stage at an alumni event three years ago in Vancouver.
102nd GREY CUP – 6 p.m. ET live on TSN, TSN GO, and the Grey Cup Radio Network
TSN counts down to kickoff with coverage of the Grey Cup Kickoff Show, which features a performance by country singer and British Columbia native Dallas Smith and the national anthem by Canadian jazz-pop sensation Nikki Yanofsky. At halftime, TSN airs the Grey Cup Halftime Show featuring 2014 Grammy Award®-winning rock band Imagine Dragons.
GREY CUP POST-GAME SHOW –10 p.m. ET live on TSN and TSN GO
CFL Commissioner Mark Cohon presents the Grey Cup to the game’s winning team, as well as the awards for Most Valuable Player and Most Valuable Canadian. The CFL ON TSN panel provides post-game analysis and conducts live interviews with players and coaches on the field leading up to SPORTSCENTRE after the game.