TORONTO (November 18, 2014) – Following nine weeks of final data from Numeris (BBM Canada), CTV’s daily in-house original productions are seeing substantial growth, with double-digit increases in both total viewers and in all key adult demos versus the same time last year. Up 18% with total viewers, ETALK remains Canada’s #1 entertainment news program and currently averages nearly 700,000 viewers each night. As anchors of CTV’s hit daytime lineup, THE MARILYN DENIS SHOWand THE SOCIAL are the Top 2 Canadian lifestyle series. THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW is seeing a 25% increase for its fifth season, currently averaging 274,000 viewers, while THE SOCIAL’s second season is averaging 249,000 viewers, up 61%. As all series continue to see audience growth, they also increase the advantage over their closest competitors, with ETALK leading ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT CANADA (Global) by 75% with total viewers, and THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW and THE SOCIAL more than doubling the audiences of CITYLINE (City) and THE STEVEN AND CHRIS SHOW (CBC).
“Day in and day out our top-rated in-house productions produce content that connects with our loyal audiences in this very competitive market,” said Nanci MacLean, Vice-President, Bell Media Production. “Our continued growth over the competition this Fall is rooted in the strength of our amazing hosts and production teams who continue to lead the field in entertaining, engaging, and informative television.”
“The popularity of all of CTV’s daily original productions, as well as their flexible formats, perfectly lend themselves to both customized sales opportunities and engaging brand integrations,” said Perry MacDonald, Senior Vice-President, CTV Sales.
- The series has seen double-digit increases in all key demos: +10% A18-34, +25% A18-49, and +20% A25-54.
- Reaching 5.2 million viewers a week on CTV alone, ETALK garnered a season-high audience of 944,000 viewers on Oct. 6, 2014, its third-highest audience on record over 13 seasons.
- The series consistently wins its 7 p.m. timeslot, leading ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT (Global/CBS) head-to-head by +38% with total viewers, +33% A18-34, +62% A18-49, and +51% A25-54.
- ETALK has also continued to see growth over ENTERTAINMENT TONIGHT CANADA (Global), leading by +75% with total viewers, as well as +56% A18-34, +91% A18-49, and +83% A25-54.
THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW:
- With a weekly reach of 2.2 million viewers on CTV, THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW has experienced growth in all key demos: +47% A18-34, +39% A18-49, +22% A25-54.
- On Oct. 10, 2014 the series achieved a season-high audience of 349,000, its highest in over a year.
- In the key female demos, the series is also up year-over-year: +57% F18-34, +52% F18-49, and +40% F25-54.
- THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW more than doubles the audience of fellow Canadian morning lifestyle show CITYLINE (City) with total viewers (+141%), as well as in the key A18-49 demo (+147%), and more than quadruples its audience in the key A18-34 demo (+342%).
- Currently reaching 2.4 million viewers on CTV each week, the series has seen an increase in all key demos: +71% A18-34, +81% A18-49, and +51% A25-54.
- THE SOCIAL achieved a series-high audience of 389,000 viewers on Sept. 23, 2014.
- The series has nearly doubled last year’s ratings in the key F18-34 (+88%) and F18-49 (+95%) demos.
- Currently more than doubling the total audience (+162%) of fellow Canadian afternoon lifestyle series THE STEVEN AND CHRIS SHOW (CBC), THE SOCIAL also more than quadruples its audience in the key A18-34 (+364%) and A18-49 (+311%) demos, and more than triples its audience in the A25-54 (+262%) demo.
(Featured Image via Bell Media)