Nick Cannon, the multi-faceted entertainer (America’s Got Talent), film star, comedian, TV and radio host, musician, writer, director, executive producer and philanthropist is heading to Toronto to host YTV’s first ever Summer Beach Bash, a free family concert at Canada’s Sugar Beach on Saturday, August 9. The outdoor, waterside concert will take place from 12 noon to 5 p.m. and feature exciting live musical performances, extreme buskers, thrilling water stunts, food, games and more. YTV Summer Beach Bash will be telecast on YTV on Saturday, August 23 at 6 p.m. ET/PT.
“There’s nothing more hype than an outdoor concert in the summer.” said Nick Cannon, host of YTV Summer Beach Bash. “I can’t wait to come up to Toronto and have an amazing day listening to great music, watching super talented dancers perform and meeting fans. Plus, who can beat free with the chance to be on TV?”
Scheduled performers include:
· Victoria Duffield – The multi-talented pop star released her sophomore album, Accelerate, this spring, featuring the hit single “More Than Friends,” which is the follow-up to her debut JUNO Award-nominated 2012 album Shut Up and Dance. Victoria was also a Top 6 finalist on The Next Star Season 3.
· 4Count – Brought together and managed by Nick Cannon, and starring in a YTV show set to premiere later this year, this emerging boy band will perform inspiring and energetic singles from their debut album that features their signature upbeat sounds and killer dance moves.
· Alicia Moffet – The Next Star season 6 winner will perform her single “Why Do Boys Lie,” produced by hit-maker Rob Wells (Justin Bieber, Backstreet Boys).
· Rebel Coast – Fresh off their win of The Next Star: SuperGroup and solo concerts in Montreal and Toronto, the boy band will perform their singles “We Are The Brave” and “Don’t Stop Now.”
· Some Assembly Required Stars – Charlie Storwick (The Next Star Season 4 winner) and Kolton Stewart will entertainment the audience with musical performances.