TORONTO, July 2, 2014 – Over 1.8 million viewers were trapped in their seats as Under the Dome made its triumphant return to Global on Monday night. The explosive season two premiere saw Chester’s Mill turned on its head as the dome suddenly turned magnetic. Ghosts, brain waves and electricity abound, the season premiere won the night (2+), zapping the competition.
The electric currents, coupled with the untimely death of two beloved characters and a surprise Stephen King cameo, gave viewers one hour of non-stop heart-pumping action and the know-how that anything can happen this season.
An all-new episode of Under the Dome airs Monday, July 7 – 10pm ET/PT.
- Under the Dome was the #1 program of the night with 1.8 million viewers (2+)*
- Under the Dome won its time period in the four metered markets for A18-49, A25-54 and F25-54*
- Under the Dome won the 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. time period, besting CTV by more than three times their time period average, and performing ten times that of City’s time period average (2+)**
- Under the Dome won the 10 p.m. to 11 p.m. time period, besting CTV by more than three times their time period average, and performing nine times that of City’s time period (A18-49)**
- Viewership up by 12% (A18-49), 21% (A25-54), and 8% (F25-54)* in Toronto over series premiere***